Mixed Media/Altered Blog Hop

Welcome ladies to the Mixed Media Blog Hop. This hop will not have a long list because it involves a little more work and it is going to broaden everyone's creative by introducing everyone to the world of mixed media along with altered which of course everyone is familiar with.

For those who may not know what it is: Mixed media uses things like -
  • Paints
  • Gesso
  • Gel Mediums
  • Molding Paste
But it is a simple as using glimmer mist on a tag or using game pieces and alcohol inks.Everyones take on it is different and I hope you enjoy all the creations and GOOD LUCK to the winner!!  Be sure to become a follower on each blog and leave a comment to be eligible for the GRAND PRIZE which is pictured/listed below:

 Creations Etc - Mixed Media Kit: Items to altered, Glitter/Embossing Powders, Chipboard Pieces, Clipboard, Journal Book , Embellies
Closeup of Glitter/Embossing Powders

Whimsical Stamp Set - Whimsical Designs Thanks Stephanie!!!


$20 Gift Certificate 
 $10 Gift Certificate - SVG Attic - Thanks Jessica!!!

Now on to our awesome crafters for today's hop!!

You are here:   Monica

Your next stop>>>>>>>Alina - http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com/

I created a mixed media tag.  I painted some pressboard with "Gesso" which allows paints to blend and take to the paper better, then I used some glimmer mist and paints to create the color effect and look of the tag.  Added some embellishments and wala!!





 Also I created this awesome candy dispenser which is a cut file from SVG Attic but you get two things in one because it can also be used as an "toothpick dispenser." Works perfectly!!!  You have got to check out their files some amazing stuff ladies!!!

 Opening for candy/toothpicks

19 comments:

Addicted Scrapper said...

Beautiful!!!!! I love the tag and the dispenser is beautiful!

TFS!!!

Alina

michele hileman said...

What great projects, I love them and the tag is awesome.

Jessica Bashaw said...

Wow! Super gorgeous! I just love watching your videos on your creations! Thanks for sharing!

Theresa said...

As always your projects are amazing!!! I love the old feeling you put into these. Thanks so much for letting me be apart of the hop!
Theresa
scrappinginheels@gmail.com

Kim Martineau said...

Wow! These are truly amazing!! You have beautiful work! Can't wait to view all the sites for some great ideas!
Thanks
Kim

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Beautiful work! I really love all the added embellishments. Going to try Gesso one of these days.

PaulaJ said...

beautiful job on your projects. Love the salt shaker containers in the prizes - what a great idea.

Kim Martineau said...

My Google Friend Connect is not working so I am unable to 'Follow' any blogs.
Does anyone know how to fix this. Sorry, but when I fix I will go back and follow you al :)
Kim

Judy said...

Oh my goodness, these are both soooo pretty!! I just do not know how to create like this, so your wonderful hop should be very helpful!! Answer to the question above :-) hit the refresh symbol-- may have to do it a couple times...
jejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com
scrappinana.blogspot.com

sarah said...

toooo cute & great job!!!
texasgrama7@gmail.com

angie ashuk said...

I'm a new follower. I LOVE the little candy dispenser:)

Sherrie K. said...

Stunning projects:) Love the tag:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

I have never officially tried mixed media but first stop on this blog hop and I'm ready to go grab some stuff and give it a try!! Thanks for inspiring me!! I love your projects!!
Bonnie
scrapatheart at gmail dot com

Tanya said...

Fabulous projects! I love mixed media art!

Tanya
phenis2031 at yahoo dot com
http://scrappylandusa.blogspot.com

Mary D said...

Follower. Love your projects!

Michele from MS said...

Wow - so pretty! I will have to try that Gesso paint! Thanks for sharing ~~ msmith38652@gmail.com
http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/

Bella Scrapbook Designs said...

Great tag. Thanks for letting me join you in your hop

SuzieQ said...

Wow are these beautful!!! I would love to join you in the next hop.

Bonnie said...

Who won the Grand Prize from the blog hop?? I'm new and I can't find it posted anywhere...

Powered by Blogger.