Coloring with Colorbox - 8 Step Rose

Saturday, April 14, 2012
Happy Scrapping everyone.  I want to share a flower tutorial and how you can color regular plain cardstock with colorbox inks and get an amazing look.

 Supplies: Flower Punch of choice, Colorbox Ink of choice, Smooch, Embossing Tool
Step 1: Punch out 6 flowers
 Step 2: Smooch your punchout -
 (tip you can take the lid of and use a paint brush and paint on the color)
 Step 3: Ink the edges with  a darker shade of ink
 Just a look at what you should end up with after everything is smooched and inked...
 Step 4: Take a toothpick, paintbrush etc and curl each tip of the flower just like in the picture
 Look at what your flower should look like after all the edges have been curled
 Just different angle
 Step 5: Cup the flower with your embossing tool as shown above
 Image of the cupped flowers
 Different angle..
 Step 7: Layer the flowers and stagger each punch and glue.
I use a glue gun for a stronger hold - since I will not be using "stamens"
 Staggered and Glued Flower
 Step 8: Now bunch the flower in your hand by taking the petals and squeezing them up towards the middle
Aerial view of  what you will end up with a nice gathered simple rose
Colorbox Supplies Used:
Smooch Spritz - Red
Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Pad: Berrylicious

Other Supplies:
McGill Punch Tool Set
Gina K Cardstcok Bright White
McGill Retro Flower Punch
Glue Gun

6 comments:

Monica Edwards said...

Hope you enjoy

Creative Mine by Maria said...

Thank you so much for sharing I will try a few this weekend

Barbara said...

This is awesome!!!
TFS,
Barb S (FL)

Cathy said...

very pretty!
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

I do not have smooches, Lindys stamp gang should do?

Monica Edwards said...

Sure they would work I like smooches cause the colors are very rich and I like the sprayer - more of a mist.

LSG has amazing colors too as well and is just as good. I just have always used Colorbox.

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Wow I love your flower! This was super easy to make and I so happy I can leave your more comment on your blog. Thanks for the tip and I will be using this. Oh I have so many scrap pieces of paper this would be good for.:-) Now my mind is rolling. Thanks So Much! Going to look at more of your post. TFS AJ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...