Amazing Mold Putty Design Team Hop

Welcome to the AMP Design Team hop.  If you have come from Joyce's blog then your definitely in the right place.  

Now on to my project.  I am always looking for weird things to alter.  I try to look for things that have a flat surface or something that is shaped perfectly for paper so I decided to buy some mousetraps.  They are perfectly flat have  a cool metal piece on it which by the way be super careful taking it apart because you definitely will SNAP your fingers right in the trap OUCHIE... is all I can say!!

The burnt orange flowers I made using AMP putty and resin.  I painted them using Globecraft & Piccolo gel enameil in metallic gold and copper!!  It gave it an almost glass like look.
A closer look at the flowers I made with the resin
Well I hope everyone enjoyed my post and be sure to leave a comment and be a follower for my huge 1001 giveaway.  I am almost there!!

Here is the complete list in case you missed a hop or want to go  back for a 2nd peek!


Blog Hop Order:
Terri 
Joyce 
Jamie
Wendy 
Tanya 
Kelly 
Michelle
Lee


18 comments:

Lee Brehon said...

Creating a new mousetrap, I luv it. This is fun to look at, great job!

Brenda Burfeind said...

I love your flowers and using mousetraps as a canvas its brilliant

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Wow Monica! Gorgeous piece. I LOVE the orange flowers. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

DIANA L. said...

This is so beautiful. I love it.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Your flowers are awesome! I love the colors you used. Also love the mouse trap! I started altering one but haven't finished yet. You gave me lots of inspiration! Hugs

Robin Horasanian said...

Oh wow, an altered mousetrap. Now I've seen everything! I can't believe you made a mousetrap into such a lovely piece of art!!! Awesome.

Flower Power said...

Love the "thinking outside of the box" idea!! Great Job! and pretty flowers!
Warmly - Peggy

~ Kendra ~ said...

WOW! Something I have never seen altered, great job with the mousetrap! Fun idea, I love it!

Tanya Knight Ruffin said...

Love the mouse trap! So cute, I bought some a while back but never got around the altering them. Now I am inspired!

Barbara Rankin said...

Love your mousetrap, Monica. I have been wanting to decorate one but just never quite sure what to do with it. Your piece is an inspiration. Love the flowers and how the gel enamel perked them up. TFS

Debi_Omnistitch said...

Certainly a different take on the mouse trap!

Juliana Pace said...

Cute idea...thanks!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Super cool!

Denise Bryant said...

Very clever project! Hope you didn't pinch your fingers!

Wendy said...

Very cool and vintage looking!

Anonymous said...

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems
as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You obviously know what youre talking about, why throw away
your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something informative to read?



my web blog drastic weight loss

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different web address and thought I may as
well check things out. I like what I see so
i am just following you. Look forward to going over your web page for a second time.


my website; early signs of rheumatoid arthritis

Anonymous said...

Fascinating blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it
from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog stand
out. Please let me know where you got your
theme. Thanks a lot

Here is my webpage; rapid weightloss

Powered by Blogger.