Silk Screen Art

Hi Crafters!
 
Monica here, sharing a newly found love “Silk Screen” art.  I received a couple of printed images on what is called silk screen and I thought to myself “oh goodness now what can I do with this?!”  Until now, I had never even seen the art before but, immediately I fell in love with.  I am so in love I am ordering a couple pieces, available here!
IMG_2333
 
As you color on the material with your Chameleon pens you will see the color begin to bleed through the material. I kept thinking oh my gosh, it is not going to stop, but there is an item called “Gutta” which is the gold lining you see along the outside of the image.  This lining or “Gutta” keeps the color from bleeding outside of the lines.
I used Chameleon Pen V04 to color the flower petals and YG3 and GR3 to color the leaves.  As I colored the petals I infused each time for approximately 10 secs and infused the petals for about 6 seconds.
I then took my blender pen laying down some of the solution to bleed through the purple color, this gives it lighter coloring.  Afterwards I used a couple of my Spellbinder dies to create the base of the card.  Matting the centerpiece with a piece of purple paper from Creative Memories.
I hope everyone has enjoyed my post and be sure to come back and check out the other amazing Silkcraft art cards from the design team.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.